Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu July 5, 2012
The “Man-covery”: Men Make Gains in the Labor Market
The “Man-cession” becomes the “man-covery.” Men suffered huge job losses during the recession when construction and manufacturing were especially hard hit. But now, they’re gaining jobs at a faster pace than women, in some cases entering fields long-dominated by female workers. We’ll examine this latest shift in the labor market.
Mark J. Perry – Professor of Finance and Business Economics at the University of Michigan and Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.
Dean Baker – Co-director of Center of Economic and Policy Research and author of “The End of Loser Liberalism: Making Markets Progressive.”
We’ll also hear from:
Kristen Myers - Associate Professor of Sociology at Northern Illinois University and author of Racetalk. She is conducting research on how men have been coping with unemployment.