Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Sun May 29, 2011
Man Killed In Crash Near Colebrook
A 70-year man from Clarksville was killed Saturday morning in a crash on Route 3 near Colebrook, according to state police.
The victim was Robert L. Eidell, who was southbound in a 2007 Chevrolet HHR when it collided with a 2003 Hyundai Sante Fe sport utility driven by Robert J. Queen, 74, of Woburn, Massachusetts.
Police said their investigation indicates the accident occurred when Queen “drifted into the southbound lane” a little after 9 a.m. just south of the state-run rest area.
Police said Queen and a passenger in Eidell’s vehicle, identified as Carolyn D. Eidell, also of Clarksville, received “non-life threatening injuries” and were admitted to the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital.
Eidell was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Trooper Christopher Ladd of the NH State Police- Troop F is investigating. Anyone with information regarding the crash is encouraged to contact Trooper Ladd at (603) 846-3333.