Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Sun May 29, 2011
Man Killed In Crash Near Colebrook
A 70-year man from Clarksville was killed Saturday morning in a crash on Route 3 near Colebrook, according to state police.
The victim was Robert L. Eidell, who was southbound in a 2007 Chevrolet HHR when it collided with a 2003 Hyundai Sante Fe sport utility driven by Robert J. Queen, 74, of Woburn, Massachusetts.
Police said their investigation indicates the accident occurred when Queen “drifted into the southbound lane” a little after 9 a.m. just south of the state-run rest area.
Police said Queen and a passenger in Eidell’s vehicle, identified as Carolyn D. Eidell, also of Clarksville, received “non-life threatening injuries” and were admitted to the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital.
Eidell was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Trooper Christopher Ladd of the NH State Police- Troop F is investigating. Anyone with information regarding the crash is encouraged to contact Trooper Ladd at (603) 846-3333.