Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon September 24, 2012
Manchester Cops Back Hassan; Christie Backs Lamontagne
Democratic Gubernatorial candidate Maggie Hassan has won the backing of Manchester Police patrolman’s association. Union President Steve Maloney says Hassan understands how to improve public safety.
"More cops on the streets better training and better equipment, not high school students with concealed handguns in their waists, of radical free-staters running up during a high risk car stop and sticking a video camera in our face."
Maloney says Hassan sought the union’s input on public safety issues, which he says GOP nominee Ovide Lamontagne never did.
Lamontagne’s campaign meanwhile, is getting boost from NJ Governor Chris Christie, who will join him at a private fundraiser in Bedford Tuesday. Lamontagne and Christie will then campaign together in Hudson and Atkinson.