Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Officials: Altercation Preceded Murder Of Rumney Chiropracter
- Timber-Frame Architect Wins Competition With Wooden Sky-Scraper Column
- Summer Camp: An Antidote To 'Helicopter Parenting?'
- N.H. Officials Asking Pool Owners To Check For Invasive Insects
Mon April 23, 2012
Manchester Sues Over House Districts
The City of Manchester has filed suit Monday over the plan that redraws house districts. The lawsuit has been brewing for months.
In a statement, Manchester Mayor Republican Ted Gatsas called the redistricting plan unacceptable. The suit claims the new map would deprive city residents of two to three state representatives. Earlier this year the house passed a plan that combines two Manchester wards with the town of Litchfield.
Speaker of the House Bill O’Brien defended the proposal, calling the lawsuit unrealistic, and a waste of taxpayers’ resources.
State Representatives from Manchester say House leaders didn’t consider alternate proposals that wouldn’t have split a city district with a surrounding town.