Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
Mon April 23, 2012
Manchester Sues Over House Districts
The City of Manchester has filed suit Monday over the plan that redraws house districts. The lawsuit has been brewing for months.
In a statement, Manchester Mayor Republican Ted Gatsas called the redistricting plan unacceptable. The suit claims the new map would deprive city residents of two to three state representatives. Earlier this year the house passed a plan that combines two Manchester wards with the town of Litchfield.
Speaker of the House Bill O’Brien defended the proposal, calling the lawsuit unrealistic, and a waste of taxpayers’ resources.
State Representatives from Manchester say House leaders didn’t consider alternate proposals that wouldn’t have split a city district with a surrounding town.