Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Mon May 26, 2014
Manchester V.A. Medical Center Observes Memorial Day
A Memorial Day observance was held in front of the Manchester V.A. Medical Center this Monday morning.
Tammy Krueger, the Director of the Medical Center, told a seated crowd of veterans and the families of deceased soldiers that more than one million servicemen and women have died in America’s wars.
“We owe a lasting tribute to those courageous men and women who stepped forward when their country called, and made it possible for us to be here today.”
Staff from the Governor’s office and the congressional delegation each relayed messages during the event. The remembrance of local fallen soldiers and veterans closed the event by a reading of names, a ringing of bells and giving flowers and hugs to surviving family members.
From the Archives
All Things Considered
Word of Mouth