Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri May 31, 2013
Many Farmers Markets Kick Off The Season This Week
Farmers markets in Concord, Dover, Hanover and elsewhere in the state are kicking off the season this week.
Some markets opened in May, others won’t open until July but Gail McWilliam Jellie at the state’s Department of Agriculture says many are getting under way this weekend:
I’m gonna guess that you’ll find at least 15 or 20 markets open as of this weekend.
And, McWilliam Jellie says, more markets will follow suit over the following weeks. She adds that when markets open depends on the availability of the venue and the farmers:
Some might not have early crops, they might focus on later season crops or focus on fruit crops that aren’t available till later.
The Department of Agriculture has a list of New Hampshire Farmers Markets on their website.