Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu September 26, 2013
Massachusetts Man Drowns Near Colebrook
A Salem, Massachusetts man drowned in the Connecticut River near Colebrook on Wednesday, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game.
John Cornish, 71, was launching his boat with a friend when it began to drift away, carried by the current, Conservation Officer Kevin Bronson wrote in a news release.
Cornish, who was wearing hip waders, went after the boat, lost his footing and slipped under the water. He was pulled from the river by a friend but was unconscious and couldn’t be revived.