Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Fri November 9, 2012
McCormick Elected Coos County Attorney
John G. McCormick has been elected Coos County Attorney, according to results released by the New Hampshire Secretary of State.
McCormick, of Lancaster, got 9,051 votes compared to 4,722 for Phillip J. Beiner who is from Berlin.
McCormick has been the assistant county attorney for five years, working with County Attorney Robert Mekeel, who did not seek re-election and left office on Wednesday.
McCormick received his law degree from the Dickinson School of Law at Penn State University.
Previously he worked for the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division and as a staff attorney at a domestic-violence legal clinic in Maryland.