Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Fri November 9, 2012
McCormick Elected Coos County Attorney
John G. McCormick has been elected Coos County Attorney, according to results released by the New Hampshire Secretary of State.
McCormick, of Lancaster, got 9,051 votes compared to 4,722 for Phillip J. Beiner who is from Berlin.
McCormick has been the assistant county attorney for five years, working with County Attorney Robert Mekeel, who did not seek re-election and left office on Wednesday.
McCormick received his law degree from the Dickinson School of Law at Penn State University.
Previously he worked for the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division and as a staff attorney at a domestic-violence legal clinic in Maryland.