Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri November 9, 2012
McCormick Elected Coos County Attorney
John G. McCormick has been elected Coos County Attorney, according to results released by the New Hampshire Secretary of State.
McCormick, of Lancaster, got 9,051 votes compared to 4,722 for Phillip J. Beiner who is from Berlin.
McCormick has been the assistant county attorney for five years, working with County Attorney Robert Mekeel, who did not seek re-election and left office on Wednesday.
McCormick received his law degree from the Dickinson School of Law at Penn State University.
Previously he worked for the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division and as a staff attorney at a domestic-violence legal clinic in Maryland.