Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon October 14, 2013
Medicaid Expansion Comission To Present Final Report Tuesday Morning
The state’s Medicaid Expansion Commission holds its final meeting at 11 o’clock on Tuesday.
At the meeting the special commission will finalize its 118 page report. That report includes recommendations intended to guide lawmakers as they draft bills for the full legislature.
Last Tuesday, the commission voted 8-1 to recommend expanding Medicaid.
But Republican Senator and Commission member Nancy Stiles of Hampton says commission members agreed only so long as low-income job-holders keep their employers’ insurance when it’s cheaper. Stiles says she believes the federal government will provide a waiver in that scenario.
The Democratic-held House will likely approve a bill expanding Medicaid. The question now is whether the Republican-held Senate will, too.