Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Mon April 29, 2013
Medicaid Expansion To Provide More Care For Native Americans
Originally published on Mon April 29, 2013 5:48 pm
Next year, just over 200,000 Native Americans will become eligible for Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act. The change translates to more money for the Indian Health Service. The expansion will also force Native American health providers to deal with something they've never faced before — competition from non-tribal health programs.