Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Spring Skiing In Tuckerman Is Best It's Been In Decades
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Wed July 11, 2012
A Meeting To Help Fill 255 Jobs At Berlin's Federal Prison
The new federal prison in Berlin still has plenty of jobs to fill and there’s a chance next Tuesday to learn more about them.
NHPR’s Chris Jensen reports.
With 255 jobs at the new federal prison still available a job fair is planned next Tuesday in Berlin.
Officials from the Bureau of Prisons will be answering questions, says Diana Nelson, with New Hampshire Employment Security.
“We’ve had a lot of questions come up about what were the hours be, when will my days off be, is it shift work. These people will be able to answer those questions for them.”
While the prison is in the North Country the hope is to attract people from throughout the state.
However, with few exceptions new employees must be on the job before their 37th birthday.
The fair is being held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the employment security office in Berlin.
For NHPR News this is Chris Jensen