Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue October 9, 2012
Meningitis Outbreak Threatens New Hampshire Patients
No patients in New Hampshire have tested positive for fungal meningitis as the national outbreak continues to grow.
Public health officials say that 742 patients in New Hampshire received the steroid injection. Nationally, 11 people are dead and 119 cases of fungal meningitis have been confirmed. Three Pain Care facilities in New Hampshire: in Merrimack, Somersworth, and Newington, have contacted patients who received the injection. One man has been hospitalized, but tests have not yet confirmed meningitis. A Framingham, Massachusetts pharmaceutical company that produced the steroid has voluntarily recalled all of its products.