Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Around the Nation
Mon January 13, 2014
Mile Marker 420 Repeatedly Stolen In Colorado
Originally published on Mon January 13, 2014 12:18 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Colorado officials might have seen this coming. The state legalized marijuana. The number 420 is associated with marijuana culture, and so it was time to protect Mile Marker 420. The sign has been repeatedly stolen from I-70; it's a rare find since most interstates are not long enough to need a Mile 420 sign. Officials hope they've now secured the highway. The mile 420 sign has been replaced by a new one, reading: Mile 419.99.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.