Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Tue September 11, 2012
Miss Voting? Never, Says 93-Year-Old
As voting in today's primary gets underway NHPR's Chris Jensen visits a polling place in Coos County.
Sound of voters being registered..
While state officials are predicting a somewhat light turnout for the primary there are folks who say there is no such thing as an unimportant election.
One of those is 93-year-old Fay Allin who slowly but steadily made her way through town hall in Lancaster Tuesday morning, slipped into the voting booth and emerged a few minutes later.
“I think it is important to vote every time when it is possible to cast your opinion.”
Election officials in Lancaster described the turnout through the morning as “steady.”
For NHPR News this is Chris Jensen