Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon March 10, 2014
Model Cannolo Takes To The Skies In Sicily
Originally published on Mon March 10, 2014 9:59 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Sicily has joined the space-age.
Amateur scientists have launched the Sicilian Space Program with a homemade spacecraft, a helium balloon, and at the tip of the tiny vessel: a cannollo put the cherry on top.
Well, given the extreme conditions, the clay cannollo, still, cameras filmed the classic cream filled pastry soaring into the stratosphere, capturing a sweet view of the sunrise. One small step for pastry.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.