Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon March 10, 2014
Model Cannolo Takes To The Skies In Sicily
Originally published on Mon March 10, 2014 9:59 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Sicily has joined the space-age.
Amateur scientists have launched the Sicilian Space Program with a homemade spacecraft, a helium balloon, and at the tip of the tiny vessel: a cannollo put the cherry on top.
Well, given the extreme conditions, the clay cannollo, still, cameras filmed the classic cream filled pastry soaring into the stratosphere, capturing a sweet view of the sunrise. One small step for pastry.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.