Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Tue October 16, 2012
Moose Hunting Season Begins Saturday
Hunters are gearing up for New Hampshire's annual moose hunt later this month.
A total of 275 permits were issued through a lottery and randomly selected by computer from 13,400 applicants. Another five permits were issued to the highest bidders in an auction to benefit the Wildlife Heritage Foundation of New Hampshire. One additional permit was issued to a young person with serious medical conditions through the Hunt of a Lifetime program.
Each hunter is assigned to hunt in one of 22 wildlife management units. Many go out before the nine-day season starts to scout potential hunting spots.
This year's season is for nine days starting on Saturday.