Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Sun March 16, 2014
More Closures As Work Extended On Memorial Bridge
The Memorial Bridge that connects New Hampshire and Maine is closing overnights for an additional five days for adjustments. The bridge that runs between Kittery, Maine and Portsmouth, N.H., will be closed to all traffic --vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian --from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. beginning Sunday. The closures are necessary to make adjustments to the guide rail on the towers. The work is slated to wrap up and the closures to end by 5 a.m. March 21. The new, $81 million Memorial Bridge opened last August. It replaced one that opened in 1923 and closed for two years in July 2011 so the replacement project could get underway.