Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon December 30, 2013
More Log On To N.H.'s New Health Care Website
More than 200 people have sought assistance signing up for affordable health care on CoveringNewHampshire.org, the state’s Health Insurance Marketplace website -- since it went online on December 24th.
The website helps consumers sign up for health insurance on the federal website, healthcare.gov. It got off to a late start after Republican lawmakers refused federal money to build it. But, project leader Karen Hicks says, people are logging in despite the late launch and holiday distractions:
Traffic has been substantial given when we launched it, we’ve had a couple hundred people sign up to get more information, which means that many more people have cruised around on it.
Hicks says overall, Granite Staters have a general understanding of the new health care law, but many don’t realize they are eligible for subsidies.
Although the the deadline for coverage beginning January 1 has passed, enrollment for plans beginning later in 2014 will be open through March 31st.