Most Active Stories
Wed May 16, 2012
Most North Country Reps Voted To Revive Abortion Bill
The majority of North Country representatives voted in favor of resurrecting a bill that would require women wanting an abortion to wait 24 hours.
Such a bill passed the House in March.
But then the Senate killed it last month.
The overall vote was 198 – 100.
In the North Country the voting was spilt along party lines with Republicans favoring it.
Here are the representatives who voted in favor:
* Lyle Bulis (Republican) of Littleton
* Duffy Daugherty (Republican) of Colebrook.
* Edmond Gionet (Republican) of Lincoln.
* Larry Rappaport (Republican) of Colebrook.
* William Remick (Republican) of Lancaster
* John Tholl (Republican) of Whitefield
* Marc Tremblay (Republican) of Berlin
* Gregory Sorg (Republican) of Easton
Here are the representatives who opposed the bill:
* Gary Coulombe (Democrat) of Berlin
* William Hatch (Democrat) of Gorham
* Evalyn Merrick (Democrat) of Lancaster
* Yvonne Thomas (Democrat) of Berlin
* Robert Theberge (Democrat) of Berlin
* Kathleen Taylor (Democrat) of Franconia
Here are the representatives who were excused from voting:
* Herb Richardson (Republican) of Lancaster
* Stephanie Eaton (Republican) of Littleton
To see votes on other issues go here.