Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Wed May 16, 2012
Most North Country Reps Voted To Revive Abortion Bill
The majority of North Country representatives voted in favor of resurrecting a bill that would require women wanting an abortion to wait 24 hours.
Such a bill passed the House in March.
But then the Senate killed it last month.
The overall vote was 198 – 100.
In the North Country the voting was spilt along party lines with Republicans favoring it.
Here are the representatives who voted in favor:
* Lyle Bulis (Republican) of Littleton
* Duffy Daugherty (Republican) of Colebrook.
* Edmond Gionet (Republican) of Lincoln.
* Larry Rappaport (Republican) of Colebrook.
* William Remick (Republican) of Lancaster
* John Tholl (Republican) of Whitefield
* Marc Tremblay (Republican) of Berlin
* Gregory Sorg (Republican) of Easton
Here are the representatives who opposed the bill:
* Gary Coulombe (Democrat) of Berlin
* William Hatch (Democrat) of Gorham
* Evalyn Merrick (Democrat) of Lancaster
* Yvonne Thomas (Democrat) of Berlin
* Robert Theberge (Democrat) of Berlin
* Kathleen Taylor (Democrat) of Franconia
Here are the representatives who were excused from voting:
* Herb Richardson (Republican) of Lancaster
* Stephanie Eaton (Republican) of Littleton
To see votes on other issues go here.