Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu June 13, 2013
Motorcyclist Killed In Franconia Notch Crash Identified
The motorcyclist killed Thursday morning in the Franconia Notch has been identified as Robin Staines, 47, of Pembroke, Massachusetts, according to state police.
Staines was traveling north on the two-lane section of I-93, failed to make the turn at the entrance of the former parking area for the Old Man of the Mountain.
He was thrown from his Harley-Davidson and was not wearing a helmet.
Passersby gave him CPR until an ambulance arrived but he died of his injuries at Littleton Regional Hospital.
The name of the victim is being withheld while officials attempt to reach the next-of-kin.