Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Thu June 13, 2013
Motorcyclist Killed In Franconia Notch Crash Identified
The motorcyclist killed Thursday morning in the Franconia Notch has been identified as Robin Staines, 47, of Pembroke, Massachusetts, according to state police.
Staines was traveling north on the two-lane section of I-93, failed to make the turn at the entrance of the former parking area for the Old Man of the Mountain.
He was thrown from his Harley-Davidson and was not wearing a helmet.
Passersby gave him CPR until an ambulance arrived but he died of his injuries at Littleton Regional Hospital.
The name of the victim is being withheld while officials attempt to reach the next-of-kin.