Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Thu June 13, 2013
Motorcyclist Killed In Franconia Notch Crash Identified
The motorcyclist killed Thursday morning in the Franconia Notch has been identified as Robin Staines, 47, of Pembroke, Massachusetts, according to state police.
Staines was traveling north on the two-lane section of I-93, failed to make the turn at the entrance of the former parking area for the Old Man of the Mountain.
He was thrown from his Harley-Davidson and was not wearing a helmet.
Passersby gave him CPR until an ambulance arrived but he died of his injuries at Littleton Regional Hospital.
The name of the victim is being withheld while officials attempt to reach the next-of-kin.