Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed April 4, 2012
Mt. Washington Hiker Believed Dead
Safety officials believe a man who was hiking Mt. Washington’s Tuckerman Ravine over the weekend is dead.
The 67-year old Boston businessman fell more than 50 feet down a crevasse.
White Mountain National Forest spokesperson Tiffany Benna says at this point rescue efforts are aimed at recovering the body.
“In talking with the lead snow ranger who has been in the ravine for close to 25 years, he said a fall like this into a crevasse this deep with the associated hazards is not survivable.”
Benna says weather conditions must improve before efforts can commence in earnest.