Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu May 30, 2013
The Muddle Over Medicaid
The Affordable Care Act encourages states to expand Medicaid coverage and provides funding to do so. So far, the tally is roughly even between states opting in and opting out, but some are still undecided, including New Hampshire. Medicaid expansion has support from the House and Governor but the Senate has some serious doubts.
- Tess Stack Kuenning – Executive Director of Bi-State Primary Care Association, an organization that promotes access to primary care in New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Bill O’Brien- Representative from Mont Vernon.
- Andy Sanborn - Republican Senator from Bedford and chair of the Commerce Committee. He also serves on Capital Budget and Health, Education & Human Services.
- Tom Sherman- Democratic representative from Rye and a member of the Health, Human Services, and Elderly Affairs committee.
A link to the study on the possibility of Medicaid expansion in NH by the Lewin Group can be found here.