Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu May 30, 2013
The Muddle Over Medicaid
The Affordable Care Act encourages states to expand Medicaid coverage and provides funding to do so. So far, the tally is roughly even between states opting in and opting out, but some are still undecided, including New Hampshire. Medicaid expansion has support from the House and Governor but the Senate has some serious doubts.
- Tess Stack Kuenning – Executive Director of Bi-State Primary Care Association, an organization that promotes access to primary care in New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Bill O’Brien- Representative from Mont Vernon.
- Andy Sanborn - Republican Senator from Bedford and chair of the Commerce Committee. He also serves on Capital Budget and Health, Education & Human Services.
- Tom Sherman- Democratic representative from Rye and a member of the Health, Human Services, and Elderly Affairs committee.
A link to the study on the possibility of Medicaid expansion in NH by the Lewin Group can be found here.