Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Wed May 28, 2014
Murder Trial Begins, Mazzaglia Accused Of Killing UNH Student
The murder trial is set to begin for a New Hampshire man who police say raped and killed a 19-year-old college student then dumped her body in a river.
Thirty-one-year-old Seth Mazzaglia of Dover maintains that Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott died Oct. 9, 2012, during rough consensual sex. Marriott, of Westborough, Massachusetts, was a student at the University of New Hampshire and had been lured to Mazzaglia's apartment by his then-girlfriend, Kathryn McDonough.
Opening statements are scheduled to begin Wednesday in Strafford County Superior Court. Mazzaglia is charged with first-degree murder.
Marriott's body has not been found.
McDonough is expected to be the key witness against Mazzaglia. The 20-year-old is serving a 1-1/2 to 3-year prison sentence for hindering prosecution, witness tampering and conspiracy.
All Things Considered