Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri August 10, 2012
Must-See Pictures For Janmashtami
Originally published on Fri August 10, 2012 3:15 pm
As devotees in India celebrate Janmashtami, which marks the birth of Hindu God Lord Krishna, we're seeing some incredible pictures.
They include those from the scene in Mumbai today as hundreds of men and boys built a human pyramid to reach a clay pot — traditionally filled with curds, butter and other things — suspended over the street. The ritual is known as "dahi handi" and it's an honor to be the person who reaches the pot.