Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Tue March 25, 2014
In Nashua, Biden Praises Job Training And Medicaid Expansion
The Vice President didn’t waste much time doling out praise and thanks, first for Governor Maggie Hassan and N.H.’s hard-won deal to expand Medicaid.
"Thank you for the health care expansion you just passed. Its going to change the lives of an awful lot of people."
Biden then moved on to N.H.’s job training program, which matches prospective workers with companies and uses unemployment dollars to reimburse most of a trainees salary for up to 6 months. 600 people have been through NH’s program since 2010. Biden, who hasn’t ruled out a 2016 presidential run said its success, and that alone, warranted a special trip.
"And Governor the reason while were here, notwithstanding what others may think is because you run the best outfit in the country. No, I really mean it."
Republicans leapt on Biden’s visit, which also included private democratic fundraising, because Senator Jeanne Shaheen and Representatives Carol Shea-Porter and Annie Kuster didn’t join the Vice President in Nashua. All remained in Washington, where Congress is in session.