Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Sat May 11, 2013
Nashua Fundraiser Set For Bombing Victim Bauman
A fundraiser in New Hampshire will take place to benefit Boston Marathon bombing victim Jeffrey Bauman, whose vivid description of one of the bombing suspects helped police crack the case.
The fundraiser is set for Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. at Tulley Automotive in Nashua, a short distance from the Costco store where Bauman works. Bauman lives in Chelmsford, Mass.
Bauman's picture was featured prominently in newspapers around the world, captured in a photograph being whisked away from the finish line, his legs sheared by shrapnel.
The fundraiser will feature live music, raffles and the sale of pizza by American Flatbread, which is donating all proceeds to Bauman.
When he awoke from surgery, he described the man he saw drop a backpack at his feet.