Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Sat May 11, 2013
Nashua Fundraiser Set For Bombing Victim Bauman
A fundraiser in New Hampshire will take place to benefit Boston Marathon bombing victim Jeffrey Bauman, whose vivid description of one of the bombing suspects helped police crack the case.
The fundraiser is set for Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. at Tulley Automotive in Nashua, a short distance from the Costco store where Bauman works. Bauman lives in Chelmsford, Mass.
Bauman's picture was featured prominently in newspapers around the world, captured in a photograph being whisked away from the finish line, his legs sheared by shrapnel.
The fundraiser will feature live music, raffles and the sale of pizza by American Flatbread, which is donating all proceeds to Bauman.
When he awoke from surgery, he described the man he saw drop a backpack at his feet.