Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
All Things Considered
Mon July 23, 2012
Navy: Portsmouth Shipyard Fires Caused By "Anxious" Arsonist
The US Attorney’s office says two fires at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard were caused by a civilian shipyard worker. The first fire caused massive damage to the USS Miami nuclear submarine.
NHPR’s Ryan Lessard has been following today’s announcement. He tells All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about how the fires were started and how investigators found the arsonist, as well as the strange circumstances that reportedly led the Portsmouth man to start the fires.