Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu February 21, 2013
A New Chance For New Hampshire Charter Schools
In her State of the State Address, Governor Hassan proposed to restore some funding to these alternative public schools, but under certain conditions, including more of a focus on traditionally underserved students. Now educators both within and outside charter schools are looking at what this means…we’ll find out more, and if lawmakers in the House and State Senate agree with the Governor.
- Tom Raffio - Chairman of the NH State Board of Education and President and CEO of Northeast Delta Dental.
- Scott McGilvray- President of the National Education Association of New Hampshire
- Thomas Frischknecht - Chairman of the board for the Academy for Science and Design Charter School in Nashua, and founder and president of the Founders Academy Foundation, an organization petitioning for a new charter school.
We'll also hear from:
- State Representative Mary Gile- Democrat from Concord and Chairperson of Education Committee.
- State Senator Nancy Stiles- Republican from Hampton, Chairperson of Health, Education, and Human Services Committee.