Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
AIDS: A Turning Point
Tue July 17, 2012
New Drug Focuses Attention On AIDS Prevention
Originally published on Tue July 17, 2012 5:16 pm
Following the FDA approval of Truvada — the once-a-day pill that can drastically lower a person's risk of contracting HIV — Audie Cornish talks with Dr. Wafaa El-Sadr of Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. They examine the status of HIV prevention efforts in the U.S. today — what progress has been made and the challenges that still ahead. El-Sadr has worked on HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment since 1981.