Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Sat July 12, 2014
New England Governors To Meet With Canadian Premiers
The premiers of the Eastern Canadian provinces and governors of the New England states are scheduled to meet in New Hampshire for an annual conference to discuss how the neighbors can cooperate.
Energy and economic collaboration are the main topics at Sunday and Monday's conference at the Mount Washington Resort.
Eastern Canada is rich in hydropower and wants to send it south. Power-hungry New England markets are trying to figure out a way to shore up supply and control some of the nation's highest energy costs.
The Tar Sands Free Northeast Coalition is planning a protest because it opposes importing or transporting Canadian oil derived from tars sands.
Maine Gov. Paul LePage won't be attending the meeting, but members of his administration are expected to be present.