Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
Mon December 5, 2011
New Hampshire Activists in DC to "Take Back the Capitol"
Some participants in the Occupy New Hampshire protests are heading to Washington DC to take part in what’s being called “Take Back the Capitol.”
Krista Rand of Suncook says she’ll be there. The unemployed civil engineer wants Congress to promote jobs in her field by putting more federal dollars toward roads and bridges. “We all know that the state of our infrastructure in this country is quite abysmal. The American Society of Civil Engineers rates our infrastructure a D, and our bridges a C, so that’s really a problem," she said.
“Take Back the Capitol” is set to run through Friday, with a “People’s Camp” and gatherings at congressional offices.