Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Arts & Culture
Fri January 25, 2013
New Hampshire - Hockey Hub
The third annual Black Ice Pond Championship gets underway today. This event features three days of open air hockey the way it all started back in 1883 in Concord- on a frozen pond. It got us thinking about the origins of the sport here in the Granite State. So we called up Jim Hayes, the Executive Director of New Hampshire Legends of Hockey, a non-profit that works to preserve the history of the sport in New Hampshire.