Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue June 24, 2014
New Hampshire Magazine Launches Glossy Seacoast Mag
New Hampshire Magazine has announced a new publication called The Square. The twice-yearly magazine will feature Seacoast people, food and culture.
Potential advertisers and future readers gathered at a restaurant reception in Portsmouth Tuesday night to gaze at mockups of a glossy, square-shaped, 80-page magazine.
Matt Kanner will edit the publication. "We want to kind of capture all the people and places that make this littler corner of the world so unique," he says.
Earlier in his career, Kanner edited the Wire, Portsmouth’s free weekly culture magazine that shut down after 10 years, this spring. Kanner says though the Wire’s closing created an opportunity for The Square, this publication will have very different characters.
An initial 10,000 copy run of the first edition of The Square will come out in October. It will be delivered to Seacoast subscribers to New Hampshire Magazines, and distributed to local businesses free of charge.