Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu February 14, 2013
New Hampshire’s Gun Debate: How We Got Here
As part of NHPR’s series, A Loaded Issue, we take a historical look at our attitudes toward firearms that have shaped our laws then and now. A libertarian streak, along with a rural hunting culture in the Live Free or Die state, has meant few restrictions on firearms. But new arrivals have brought changing attitudes towards guns.
Andy Smith- Director of UNH Survey Center and Associate Professor of Political Science.
Dean Spiliotes- Civic Scholar in the School of Arts and Sciences at Southern New Hampshire University and author of the popular website NHPoliticalCapital.com.
Edith Tucker- Reporter for the Coos County Democrat.
And a recorded interview with:
New Hampshire historian Stu Wallace.