Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue March 11, 2014
New Hampshire Surpasses ACA Sign-Up Target
More than 21,000 New Hampshire residents have signed up for insurance through the Affordable Care Act, according to new data released by the federal government.
In February, 4,715 enrolled in coverage, bringing the total since October above the federal government’s estimate of 19,000 total sign-ups for the state.
Women account for 55% of enrollees, and nearly 3-in-4 residents qualified for some level of financial assistance.
But the state is falling short in convincing younger, presumably healthier people to enroll. Just 24% of total sign-ups are between the ages of 18-34, well below the administration’s target of 40%.