Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue February 26, 2013
New Hampshire's Minimum Wage Debate
To raise or not to raise the minimum wage? President Obama has called for an increase in the federal minimum wage, and several New Hampshire Lawmakers have proposed raising it in the state as well. Supporters say this could help lift many out of poverty. But opponents warn it could lead to a loss of jobs. We’ll examine these arguments and how the economy might be affected.
Dave Juvet - Senior Vice President at the New Hampshire Business and Industry Association
Jeff McLynch – Executive Director of the New Hampshire Fiscal Policy Institute
Mike Somers- President & Chief Executive Officer of New Hampshire Lodging & Restaurant Association.
Timothy Horrigan- Democratic Representative from Durham and co-sponsor of a bill that would raise the minimum wage.