Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Tue February 26, 2013
New Hampshire's Minimum Wage Debate
To raise or not to raise the minimum wage? President Obama has called for an increase in the federal minimum wage, and several New Hampshire Lawmakers have proposed raising it in the state as well. Supporters say this could help lift many out of poverty. But opponents warn it could lead to a loss of jobs. We’ll examine these arguments and how the economy might be affected.
Dave Juvet - Senior Vice President at the New Hampshire Business and Industry Association
Jeff McLynch – Executive Director of the New Hampshire Fiscal Policy Institute
Mike Somers- President & Chief Executive Officer of New Hampshire Lodging & Restaurant Association.
Timothy Horrigan- Democratic Representative from Durham and co-sponsor of a bill that would raise the minimum wage.