Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
All Things Considered
Mon December 30, 2013
New Hampshire's Ski Industry At A Peak - But Will It Soon Head Downhill?
There’s certainly no shortage of enthusiasm for hitting New Hampshire’s ski slopes in winter, but there are concerns the industry is headed for tough times in years to come.
To explain, we turn again to David Brooks, who writes the weekly Granite Geek science column for The Nashua Telegraph, and the blog of the same name at Granitegeek.org. He wrote about the ski industry in a recent column; he explains his findings to All Things Considered host Brady Carlson. He also describes a recent case in which police say a woman in Londonderry stabbed her father over an argument about the location of the Big Dipper.