Most Active Stories
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- In Lincoln, A New Resort Arises On Former Paper Mill Site
- ACA Open Enrollment Is Here...5 Tips For Shopping Your New Options
- NPR's Clock Changes: Morning Edition's New Sound Means More New Hampshire News
- Keene Residents Discuss Riots, Weigh Future Of Pumpkin Festival
Wed September 26, 2012
New Home Sales Were Flat In August, But Prices Rose Sharply
While the number of new homes sold in August was barely changed from July, the median sales price was up sharply, the Census Bureau and Department of Housing and Urban Development report. So the news adds to other recent signs, including Tuesday's report about higher home prices in major cities, of a recovering housing sector.
According to the report, new homes sold at an annual rate of 373,000 last month — vs. 374,000 in July. The median sales price, though, was $256,900. That was up 11.2 percent from the month before.