Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Mon April 29, 2013
A New Look At Calvin Coolidge
Biographer Amity Shlaes say our thirtieth president was deeper than his nickname Silent Cal suggests or what his critics called a man of few words and.. frequent naps.. but a visionary conservative who promoted ideas of limited government and individual responsibility and who oversaw an era of remarkable growth and optimism that preceded the Great Depression.
Amity Shlaes- Author and columnist who writes about politics and the economy. She has written several books, including The Forgotten Man: A New History of The Great Depression, and her latest book is Coolidge.
Amity Shlaes will be in New Hampshire tomorrow, April 30, to discuss the Coolidge presidency. The event, which is at the Hanover Inn at Dartmouth, is being sponsored by the Calvin Coolidge Memorial Foundation.