Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Downhill Racers: In The North Country A Tough, New Venue For Going Faster, Farther
Mon April 29, 2013
A New Look At Calvin Coolidge
Biographer Amity Shlaes say our thirtieth president was deeper than his nickname Silent Cal suggests or what his critics called a man of few words and.. frequent naps.. but a visionary conservative who promoted ideas of limited government and individual responsibility and who oversaw an era of remarkable growth and optimism that preceded the Great Depression.
Amity Shlaes- Author and columnist who writes about politics and the economy. She has written several books, including The Forgotten Man: A New History of The Great Depression, and her latest book is Coolidge.
Amity Shlaes will be in New Hampshire tomorrow, April 30, to discuss the Coolidge presidency. The event, which is at the Hanover Inn at Dartmouth, is being sponsored by the Calvin Coolidge Memorial Foundation.