Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Wed July 9, 2014
New Trial Date For Woman Accused In Fatal Hampton Bike Crash
A trial has been rescheduled for a New Hampshire woman accused of giving a drug to a 19-year-old woman hours before the teen drove into some cyclists, killing two.
Foster's Daily Democrat reports the trial is scheduled for Oct. 6 for 49-year-old Cindy Sheppard of Hampton, with a final pretrial hearing on Sept. 25.
Sheppard was indicted in January on charges of dispensing a controlled drug and possession of fentanyl, cocaine and methadone.
Police said Sheppard gave fentanyl to Darriean Hess last year after Hess was pulled over for speeding. Hours later, the unlicensed Hess was speeding in the same stretch of road when she crossed the center line and hit some cyclists.
Killed were Massachusetts residents Pamela Wells and Elise Bouchard.
Hess faces trial in November.
Related: A slideshow of photos taken by NHPR's Emily Corwin in the wake of the crash on Route 1A.