Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon February 24, 2014
News Feature: Managed Medicaid Transition Puts Governor Hassan In Difficult Position
A group of developmentally disabled New Hampshire residents, along with the agencies that provide services for them, are heading to court later this week. They’re seeking to block the state’s plan to shift management of those services to private, out-of-state entities…a move the state says is necessary to cut costs. As NHPR’s Todd Bookman reports, the fight puts Governor Maggie Hassan, who has a disabled son, in a difficult position.