Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Mon July 16, 2012
Next: Eme Alfonso
Eme Alfonso hails from a renowned family of Cuban musicians, at whose urging she began studying music at age 7. Alfonso has already been nominated for a Latin Grammy as part of Sintesis, a jazz-fusion and Latin folklore act with whom she's traveled worldwide.
Alfonso's 2008 solo debut Señales ("Signs") won the Cubadisco award for best Cuban fusion album. Its follow-up, Eme, comes out Tuesday. Exploring jazz, funk, R&B and Latin and Cuban soundscapes, the album's compositions hinge on Alfonso's warm and moving vocals. Don't miss the chance to download an MP3 of "Para Mestizar," played by host David Dye in this edition of World Cafe Next.