Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Mon July 16, 2012
Next: Eme Alfonso
Eme Alfonso hails from a renowned family of Cuban musicians, at whose urging she began studying music at age 7. Alfonso has already been nominated for a Latin Grammy as part of Sintesis, a jazz-fusion and Latin folklore act with whom she's traveled worldwide.
Alfonso's 2008 solo debut Señales ("Signs") won the Cubadisco award for best Cuban fusion album. Its follow-up, Eme, comes out Tuesday. Exploring jazz, funk, R&B and Latin and Cuban soundscapes, the album's compositions hinge on Alfonso's warm and moving vocals. Don't miss the chance to download an MP3 of "Para Mestizar," played by host David Dye in this edition of World Cafe Next.