Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon July 9, 2012
Next: Family Band
Guitarist Jonny Ollsin (formerly of S.T.R.E.E.T.S.) and singer Kim Krans met in the Catskill Mountains in New York, where they continue to write and record in a hand-built log cabin. Together, they lead the Brooklyn ambient rock group Family Band, which sounds like anything but mountain music.
Together with multi-instrumentalist Scott Hirsch, Ollsin and Krans focused their energies on a sound they call "heavy mellow," characterized by a moody, gentle darkness and somber lilt. Family Band's new album, Grace and Lies, comes out July 24, and in this session the group plays a few songs for World Cafe's David Dye. Hear a song with contributions on guitar from Grizzly Bear's Daniel Rossen — and get a free download of "Night Song" from the new record.