Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Mon October 22, 2012
Next: The Great American Canyon Band
The Great American Canyon Band is a Baltimore indie-folk act featuring husband-and-wife duo Paul and Krystal Jean Masson. The pair's first single, "Tumbleweed," is a lovely, dreamy piece of countrified rock, destined for road trips. The rest of the self-titled EP came out in May, and an additional track, "Young Lady," was released on Sept. 5; it's available for download here.
The duo's harmony-rich sound is alternately mellow, sad, wistful, romantic and sweeping. The Great American Canyon Band has been compared to The Duchess & The Duke and Lost in the Trees. WXPN's The Key describes the pair's EP as "a gorgeous collection of hypnotic songs that draws on [a] heady mix of dream pop, acousticana and psychedelia."