Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon September 3, 2012
Next: Jordan Hull
Originally published on Thu September 6, 2012 10:34 am
Jordan Hull has always been a creative type. Growing up in Dayton, Ohio, Hull explored theater, writing and painting, and eventually got into music as an escape during his rebellious high-school years. Now in Nashville, the 23-year-old singer-songwriter writes lyrics that draw inspiration from great troubadours of yesteryear, including Bob Dylan and Woody Guthrie.
After working with the Philadelphia band Toy Soldiers, Hull recently released his solo album, Who's Gonna Teach You to Live, which embraces an appealing mix of indie folk and pop-rock. Hear "Better Judgement" and "How Are You Gonna Live" from that album in this installment of World Cafe Next.