Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Mon October 29, 2012
Next: People Get Ready
Originally published on Mon October 29, 2012 6:10 pm
The Brooklyn band People Get Ready has been combining music and performance art since 2009, when the group first performed at The Kitchen's Dance and Process series in New York. The band released its self-titled debut earlier this month, and it's a fine collection of harmony-rich pop.
Frontman Steven Reker worked as a dancer and guitarist on David Byrne's 2008-09 tour, and Byrne recently praised the group for its live shows, saying, "They integrate dance, movement, performance, music and singing in a way I haven't seen before." This episode of World Cafe: Next features tracks from People Get Ready's new EP.