Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Spring Skiing In Tuckerman Is Best It's Been In Decades
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Thu September 13, 2012
N.H. Democrats Rally Behind Hassan At Unity Breakfast
New Hampshire Democrats met in Manchester this morning at a Unity Breakfast to set the tone for the run up to the general election in November.
Gubernatorial candidate Maggie Hassan, her former challenger Jackie Cilley, and other Democratic candidates spoke at the party’s first major post-primary event.
In a show of solidarity, Jackie Cilley removed her own campaign button from her coat and pinned a Hassan button in its place, asking her supporters to do the same.
“We have one opportunity in this country to elect a pro-choice, Democratic woman governor. It’s here.”
Taking the stage shortly afterwards, Hassan took aim at Republican gubernatorial candidate Ovide Lamontagne and the Republican-controlled legislature, saying their policies are a step backwards for the Granite State:
“Ovide Lamontagne, the self-proclaimed Tea Party favorite, will move our state backward with divisive policies that hurt our economy, limit opportunity for middle class families, and restrict individual freedoms.
Hassan says the next several weeks are critical and she urged supporters to work hard to elect Democrats to every office.