Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
Mon January 13, 2014
N.H. Enrollment In ACA Marketplace Plans Tops 11,000
After a slow start, December saw a surge in the number of New Hampshire residents shopping for health insurance on the new exchange. The federal government reports nearly 10,000 consumers in the state selected a plan between Dec. 1 and Dec. 28.
In total, about 11,500 people selected a plan during the first three months of open enrollment, which runs through March 31.
One important demographic to watch are the so-called young invincibles, as people between 18 and 34 were traditionally more likely to go without coverage. In New Hampshire, they accounted for 22% of enrollees through December.
The report shows that 72% of shoppers in the state qualified for financial assistance, and 54% were women. Overall, silver-level policies were the most popular.