Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Tue October 8, 2013
N.H. Fish And Game: Hikers, Be Prepared This Fall
New Hampshire Fish and Game officials are reminding hikers to be prepared this fall after several hikers needed to be rescued this week.
A Vermont couple was found and helped down Mount Madison in Lancaster in an all-night rescue after the hikers were caught in a severe storm on Monday afternoon.
And a 23-year-old Massachusetts man who was hiking with his caregiver and two companions separated from the group and got lost on Mount Sunapee on Monday. He was found safe about five miles from his last known location.
Officials are reminding hikers to plan ahead, look at the weather and dress accordingly or change plans if bad weather is coming. They also say to stay together and bring a flashlight in case it gets dark.