Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Fri October 4, 2013
NH Furloughed Workers Urged To File For Benefits
The New Hampshire Employment Security agency says employees who have been furloughed or temporarily laid off during the federal government shutdown may file for unemployment benefits and should open their claim this week.
Employment Security Commissioner George Copadis said people should apply as soon as possible. He said if individuals waits to file, they won't be able to request or receive benefits for previous weeks.
Federal employees must apply for benefits in the state in which they work.
Federal employees with a most recent official duty station in New Hampshire may file online from home at www.nhes.nh.gov or at any New Hampshire Works office.
If an individual was employed directly with a federal agency, he or she will be sent an affidavit to assist in processing a claim.